Sunday, August 19, 2007

The British Experience in Afghanistan

Quite frequently I wrestle with the question as to whether Canadian troops should be in Afghanistan.

What is becoming quite clear, however, is that - I think - Canadian media is possibly providing a distorted view of the reality on the ground in Afghanistan. As a great contrast to the view from Canadian news sources, here's a great article from The Guardian that paints a grim picture of the British role in Afghanistan.

'It's bleak and ferocious, but is it still winnable?'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veddy, veddy interesting. I was on the guardian website and haaretz.com website all day yesterday. I didn't see this article however. This plays into something I was thinking of doing. Want to hear more when Trev and I come to Vancouver?