Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Personal Grouse Grind Patrol Record!

I'm so excited ... I set a new personal record for sweeping the Grouse Grind!

One of the (many) things that we do in North Shore Rescue is to sweep the "Grouse Grind" each night to ensure that there aren't any wayward hikers wandering around in the dark. I sweep it about once a week.

I shot up it in 48 minutes and 35 seconds last night - while still managing to distribute three lightsticks (accompanied with short, but stern lectures on the perils of not carrying a flashlight!), and carrying my (light) 6 1/2 kg pack!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

48 minutes with a pack and stopping along the way! That's a great time!

John Blown said...

nice job Guy! myself - i've given up going fast up the Grind...347 Grinds i find my motivation is waining.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Guy. Hard to compare times when actually doing the patrol with pack and lectures against just doing a physical best time without constraint. My "best time" under the latter conditions was 38:20 and perhaps surprisingly it was the first time up the GG ever. I'm not that stupid anymore!