Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Vancouver Weekend

Killaine & I had a fun weekend. On Saturday, we headed up to Squamish to do some mountain biking (Killaine was keen to try out her new mountain bike).

We did a somewhat "traditional" loop that I really like - the first 1/3 or so of the Test of Metal Course with the Alice Lake loop added in. Great mix of single track, lots of climbing, some logging roads, and a few steep descents. Much fun.


On Sunday, I took my kayak out for possibly the last paddle of the year.

I paddled over to Stanley Park from Kits Beach, around Siwash Rock and back straight across English Bay.

The wind picked up while I was out there (a little quicker and stronger than I liked!), but I got across and toodled back to Kits beach. A fun paddle on the fringe of the kayaking season.

No comments: