Monday, October 8, 2007

New Skis! (well, soon ...)


Yay! I just ordered my new skis!

I've ordered a pair of Black Diamond Voodoos. It took me a while to decide what kind of new ski to get ... I decided on the Voodoos 'cause they seem to optimize light weight & touring performance with width for flotation in powder, while still having some stiffness for busting through the crud.

Anyway, that's all very theoretical until I actually get the skis and get to try 'em out.

The other skis that I considered were the Black Diamond Stigmas, and also the Baron and Reverend from G3. The Stigmas seemed a little too sidecut and seemed to be a little soft (as per reviews from Telemarkski.com), while the Baron seemed a tad narrow, and the Reverend was too wide and heavy. Hence, the Voodoo seemed to fit right in the middle.

I've ordered 'em through North Shore Rescue, so they'll take a little while to get here ...

No comments: